Rhode Island By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Guidelines for Clan Availability for PC Vampire Characters
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 9:41 pm by AST Jim

» Umbrood Lore
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:16 pm by AST Jim

Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:54 pm by Alec Nightshade

» Posting Order/Shotgunning
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 9:40 pm by AST Jim

» A Note on Rage
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 4:11 pm by AST Dox

» GEN: History of the Domains
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 am by AST Jim

» VtM: Character Creation Steps
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 9:12 pm by AST Jim

» Technocratic Union Lore
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:53 am by AST Jim

» The Traditions Lore
Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:52 am by AST Jim

I forgot my password

Vampire Lore (for non-vampires)

Go down

Vampire Lore (for non-vampires) Empty Vampire Lore (for non-vampires)

Post  AST Jim Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:55 am

Vampire Lore 1 - What a vampire buff would know

You have watched many movies and read many books on vampires.  
You are familiar with many different paradigms of vampire lore, and can generally recognize the consistencies between them.
You may even know the historical backgrounds behind some lore.
Funny how much is out there, isn't it?

Vampire Lore 2 - All these stories must come from somewhere, right?

You're starting to think vampires might actually exist.  
You have no real idea of what lore is true and what is fantasy, but they sure don't sparkle
You saw someone, this one time, who just seemed off.  Maybe a little pale.  I wonder......
Vampires definitely drink blood.  Maybe there's something to that sunlight thing too?

Vampire Lore 3 - Shit, there are things in the night!

You may have witnessed a vampire feeding, doing something that shouldn't be possible, what have you.  You seem to have gotten away without notice, but fuuuuuuck
Vampires definitely don't like the sun.  It burns them like a bitch
Stakes kill vampires, right?
Garlic, crosses, running water...start figuring out where you can find all these things easily
Maybe that whole "don't invite them in" thing works?

Vampire Lore 4 - I'm in deep shit

God damn, not only are vampires real, but they really do have networks among humanity.  That must be why no one believes they're out there!
They can use their blood to make people slaves.  But it seems like it makes them real strong and stay young, too
Ok, stakes don't kill vampires, but they do paralyze them.
So, turns out garlic, crosses and running water affects some of them, and other's couldn't care less.
There is some sort of vampire society out there.  Can't let them know what we know!
You've seen vampires show some insane powers.

Vampire Lore 5 - Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

Vampires can do all sorts of things, so you never really know what you're going to get
They have Biblical ties, supposedly to Caine and Abel.  That could mean all sorts of things.
They really don't like normal people knowing they're out there.  Something about the Inquisition
There might be more than one vampire society, and they don't like each other
Some vampires are all about hiding from humans.  Others make the Lost Boys seem like a nice alternative
I think they know about me....
AST Jim
AST Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down